This post is part of a virtual book tour organized by Goddess Fish Promotions. Michael Phillip Cash will be awarding a $10 Amazon/BN GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour. Click on the tour banner to see the other stops on the tour.
1. My name is Michael Okon and I used to write under the pen name Michael Phillip Cash. I just signed a two-book deal with WordFire Press to publish my novels Monsterland 1 & 2 at the end of 2017.
2. I have a film agent who is shopping around the manuscripts for a film deal. (Just writing that gives me goosebumps).
3. I haven’t eaten bread, rice, pasta or potatoes in 5 years. I have reclaimed my health by going completely zero carb.
4. I research and develop my stories and characters every day. At night, after the wife and kids go to sleep I write my book until the eyes go. I write like this every single day.
5. When I was 19 years old I was driving to pick up this girl I was dating. We had tickets to see Van Halen at Jones Beach. While I was driving, a horse came galloping out of the woods and I hit it head on. It’s OK, the horse was fine, but man that was scary.
Read an excerpt:
Julie started demolition on a bathroom in one of the many bedrooms. She needed to lose herself in some work. She was losing her mind. Images of last night with her husband played like a movie in her head. The bodies were familiar, yet at the same time, they were not. The whole episode had a dreamlike quality, and for now, Julie wasn’t sure what part of what they had done was real or from her imagination. It was better to keep busy, think about things to keep her occupied, so her head wouldn’t explode.
She trudged upstairs and started working in the first of the guest bedrooms. It was an en suite, perfect for a bed-and breakfast. Why couldn’t Brad see that? she wondered. She lifted out the toilet, carefully pulled a rusty medicine cabinet from the wall, and started chopping at tiles on the floor, both of her tiny hands whacking away with a giant mallet. They had decided that nothing was salvageable in this bath. She dragged the fixtures out of the small bathroom to a cleared corner in the bedroom. It was hot. Sweat trickled down her back. She was wearing an oversized T-shirt and yoga pants from Target. She fanned herself, smiling when she thought of the pretty ladies’ fan in her makeshift bedroom. Julie went to the window. The trees surrounding the house were painted amber, red, and yellow. A breeze ruffled the branches, and Julie wanted to air out the stuffy room.
About the Author:
He's written ten books including the best-selling “Brood X”, “Stillwell”, “The Flip”, “The After House”, “The Hanging Tree”, “Witches Protection Program”, “Pokergeist”, “The History Major” and “Battle for Darracia” series. Michael’s books are on the Amazon best-seller list and have also won numerous awards. Additionally, he is a screenwriter with 14 specs under his belt. Michael resides on the North Shore of Long Island with his wife and children.
“Stillwell: A Haunting on Long Island”, “The Hanging Tree”, and “Schism: The Battle for Darracia” has all been named to Foreward Reviews Book of the Year Awards. His newest book, “The History Major”, has been taking readers and reviewers by storm.
If you’d like more information on Michael Phillip Cash, check out his websites:
Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/Michael+Phillip+Cash?_requestid=111942
a Rafflecopter giveaway