Katherine Hastings is visiting with us to celebrate yesterday's release of her newest book In The Assassin's Arms. Enter here for a chance to win a $25 Amazon gift card.
1. In the summer, I’m usually found floating in a big, inflatable raft at the beach during the day. Every time I floated I got an idea for a book, but by the time I came back to shore, the idea or the inspiration was gone. So, I got a waterproof case for my iPhone and I now write while I’m out floating on the water. There’s something about being on the water that turns on my creative faucet, so I figured out a way to write while it was flowing. Almost every word of “In the Assassin’s Arms” was written on an iPhone while I floated in a raft.
2. I once moved to Arizona from Wisconsin when I was twenty-one. After spending two weeks there, I realized they didn’t have cheese curds (a Wisconsin staple!), there was nowhere to swim (I’m a water baby), and I felt like I was living in a Stepford Wives movie. I rented a U-Haul, filled it up with my recently unpacked stuff, tossed my French Bulldog in the front seat and drove back across the country to Wisconsin after only thirty days.
3. I have a terrible singing voice, yet for some reason, and much to the dismay of my husband, I sing-song sentences at him all the time. Sometimes I don’t even realize I’m doing it until I notice him staring at me with wide eyes and I can almost see his eardrums rupturing.
4. I love terrible B movies. The worse they are the better. You can be certain if there is a bad shark or zombie movie on Netflix, I’ve watched it. Last week I found “5-Headed Shark Attack” and almost bounced off the bed with excitement waiting for it to load.
5. I name everything. My car is named Moby after the whale because it’s a huge white SUV. My new lawnmower is Sir Chop-A-Lot. My hot tub is Tubbatha. Literally everything I own, including my favorite shoes, has a name.
With a vendetta to settle, Charlotte Cornewalle isn't stopping until she finds the man who killed her father. All signs point to Robert Douglas, the leader of the opposing faction of assassins... and John's father. To get her revenge, no one will stand in her way... not even the boy she once adored.
Fate forces them together as they fight to prove their innocence and right the wrongs they have suffered. Sparks fly from more than just their swords, but will they be able to put the past behind them? Will they be able to find the truth before it destroys them both?
About the Author:
Buy the book at Amazon.