Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Books We Are Excited To Read in 2012



In no particular order:

1. "The Last Boyfriend" by Nora Roberts.

It's book two in her "Inn of Boonsboro" trilogy, coming out May 1st. I'm a Nora fan, so this is an automatic add.

2. "Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins

I know, I know ... I'm late to the party on this one. I don't typically enjoy dark, dystopian stories, but I've had more than one good friend recommend this one -- and they've said my daughter would like it, too. So it's on my reading list for this year.

3. "Under the Moon" by Natalie J. Damschroder

I'm a big fan of the author's romantic suspense books, so am hoping this translates into fantasy/urban fantasy in this Entangled Press novel. The publisher has a great reputation, so I'm looking forward to this one.

4. "11/22/63: A Novel" by Stephen King

Time travel has always intrigued me, and Stephen King is a master writer -- so combine them together, and you have a book I'm dying to read.

5. The First Time

This a YA anthology I've had on my Nook for a few months. I really, really need to find the time to read it because -- seriously: In THE FIRST TIME, 25 young adult authors contribute 25 stories all about firsts: first loves, first kisses, first zombie slayings, and more.

How can you resist something that includes "first zombie slayings"?

6. Plague Town: An Ashley Parker Novel (Ashley Parker Novel 1)

This is *sort of* a cheat. I actually read this book when it was published before and LOVED it. I was never a big zombie fan, but this book made a believer of me. It had everything: suspense, horror, action, romance. And I can NOT wait until it's released again.

7. Celebrity In Death

I mentioned I was a Nora fan, right? Well that goes for her alter-ego, J. D. Robb as well.

8. The Son of Neptune [The Heroes of Olympus Book 2]

Okay, technically, my daughter is waiting for this... but she talks about how the first book ended on a cliffhanger and she can NOT wait for this next book, so it needed to be added. :-)

9. Animal Attraction (Berkley Sensation)

10. Animal Magnetism (Berkley Sensation)

I love, Love, LOVE Jill Shalvis. How did she have another series published and I missed it?

What are some books YOU can't wait to read this year? Help me add to my TBR list...

8 comments:

  1. Yes, The Hunger Games! I only just read it last month and thought it was really good - and I don't usually read YA! The new Steven King one looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read The Hunger Games either. I received the trilogy for Christmas, so I will probably read it soon.
    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Hunger Games is an amazing read. I didn't think I would like it either, but they became faves when I read them all last year.

    Great list.

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    Laura @ The Traveling Owl

    ReplyDelete
  4. 11/22/63 didn't make my list today but I'd really like to get to it. Good luck with your list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck!!! They all sound like great reads! Since you seem to have good, valid reasons to want to read each of them, I imagine you won't be disappointed either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm late to the Hunger Games party, so don't feel bad. I plan to read to read that book this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great book cover, makes you want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 11/22/63 by Stephen King , Hunger Games and The Son of Neptune.. all awesome! I hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete

So... inquiring minds want to know: what do you think?