The author is giving away a $15 Amazon gift certificate to one randomly drawn commenter during the tour. So comment today AND follow her tour (if you click on the banner over there on the left, it'll take you to a list of her tour stops) -- the more you read and comment, the better your odds of winning. You could be introduced to a great new author AND win a GC!
DT shares some deep, dark secrets today, so read on!
It’s raining books! Halleluiah! It’s raining books! Amen! Alright, I just couldn’t resist breaking into song about my blog stop today at It’s Raining Books, although I’m sure they get that a lot. Today I’ve been asked by my awesome hosts to fill you all in on five things about me that you wouldn’t guess. Hmmm…lets see…
1) I swear like a sailor! My mom likes to tell what she considers a cute little story of how I began channeling my father’s vocabulary when I was 3 years old. The house that we lived in at the time only had one bathroom and on one occasion my older brother was hogging said bathroom much to my dismay. I began to pound my fat little fists on the door and screamed at the top of my lungs... “J.J. you son-of-a-b@%*# come out of there!” My mom and dad, needless to say, were completely horrified. Although my dad probably said something along the lines of “I’m never F*@%^^@ swearing again.” And yes if he reads this he’s probably going to be very angry that I related this story. To this day he still tells me to tone down the swearing. Yeah, good f@*&ing luck with that.
2) I have a major need for speed! Have you ever heard of anyone else getting a speeding ticket on the way to traffic school? Yes, that happened to me. I’m really lucky I still have my license…seriously. I’m a firm believer that there’s no point to driving unless you can go fast. That’s my secret on how I’m always early for appointments. I don’t leave extra early like everyone thinks I do. I just drive really fast and get there in half the time.
3) I love beer! I can owe that all to bartending at a local draught emporium in Nashville, TN called The Flying Saucer. (Thanks Brandi for hiring me! I never knew what I was missing!) Before I started working there I thought Coors light was good. Now I just think it tastes like water. If you get me started on talking about beer I can go on for quite awhile. I also attend quite a few Beer fests.
4) I love tattoos! I often hear (depending on what time of the year it is) the “Oh, I would never have thought you have tattoos.” Which is insulting and judgmental, but I’ll leave that part alone for now. But I can assure you, although I’m nowhere near to completely covered, I do have a few rather large pieces of ink adorning my body. The reason I don’t have more than I do is because all of my tattoos mean something very important to me. I didn’t just get them because I thought they were pretty or I had a whim. They are an expression of things I don’t want to forget or a way of coping with some of my inner demons. They help to balance me. Although I don’t tell everyone the real stories behind my ink…some things are just too personal.
5) I love hockey! Okay, maybe not all hockey, but the Pittsburgh Penguins to be specific. I got hooked when I was just a little tyke and the Pens won the Stanley Cup back-to-back in 90 & 91. And as the cliche’ goes…the rest is history.
It’s raining books! Halleluiah! It’s raining books! Amen! Oh whoops, I got sucked back into song again now that I finished my 5 things about me list. That’s a bonus fact about me; I have the tendency to randomly break into song. Now everybody go out there and let those books pour down on you, cuz you know…It’s Raining Books! No umbrella necessary! :-)
P. J. Stone, like most eighteen-year-old girls, is a little boy crazy and somewhat obsessed with finding the perfect boyfriend. Some days she feels like she might be the last remaining virgin in her entire high school, and maybe even the entire tri-state area.
After a traumatic night at a friend’s party, P. J. realizes what she truly wants has been right under her nose all along. Bryn O’Bannon, her best friend and partner in crime since age five, is head over heels in love with her, and she feels the same about him.
But P. J.’s life isn’t that simple. She’s a member of a separate society that exists secretly among the rest of the world; the society raises gifted individuals to protect the world from interdimensional interlopers, and P. J. was taught to put duty before her heart. She is expected to choose a suitable mate in order to perpetuate the Seer line. Unfortunately, Bryn is a Guardian and is forbidden to date—let alone mate with—a Seer such as herself.
As if figuring out her love life isn’t complicated enough, P. J. begins having visions of a threat to her world only she is able to perceive. Now, she must concoct and execute a plan to avert world disaster while at the same time avoiding the dissolution of her love life.
Cynical-Optimist. Chocolate-holic. Sarcasm Addict. Paranormal Believer. Self imposed Insomniac. Sci-Fi Dork. Animal Lover. Writer. Those are just a few words to describe D. T. Dyllin. She was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and now lives in Nashville, Tennessee with her husband and very spoiled GSD. ‘Enemy Through The Gates’ is her debut novel.
Barnes and Noble Link