1. I don’t read a great deal of fantasy, even though it’s the genre I write. Out of the 75 or so books I read last year, fantasy titles probably made up about a third of that, and that number is somewhat inflated because I was burning through Terry Pratchett’s Discworld series. The rest of my reading was either literary fiction or non-fiction, on all kinds of subjects.
2. I could live on ham sandwiches. Ham sandwiches with mayo and Wickles pickles. I adore them.
3. I have never watched a single episode of “Game of Thrones.” I want to read the series first, but I can’t commit to such a massive undertaking just yet (and I want to make sure George R.R. Martin finishes the damn thing first).
4. I spend an inordinate amount of time cursing at the gray squirrels in my yard, because they’re either raiding my bird feeders, digging in my potted plants, or stealing tomatoes out of my garden. And yet when one is sitting on my deck rail looking pitiful, I’ll toss him a nut.
5. I don’t watch a lot of television, and have absolutely zero interest in cars or in the investment world, but I’m addicted to Amazon’s “The Grand Tour” and “Shark Tank” on ABC. I think it’s because I find the mix of personalities on both shows fascinating.
But there is no peace for Kristan Gemeta. Already weighed down by the cares of his new realm, Kristan carries a secret burden – the knowledge that Daazna is not dead. He isolates himself in his ruined castle in Fandrall, where he struggles to control the destructive Tabi’a power that may be his only hope of defeating the Wichelord once and for all.
And there’s trouble elsewhere in his realm. His Reaches are squabbling in Dyer, Melissa and Nigel are experiencing heartache in Norwinn, and Heather’s command in Hogia is in jeopardy. Unaware of this turmoil, Kristan receives an unexpected gift – one that forces him, his knights, an inexperienced squire and a crafty young shape-shifter into a hazardous winter journey.
Check out the book video here: https://youtu.be/ssT6F0CwJHk.
About the Author:
Barnes and Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/stoneking-donna-migliaccio/1127932568?ean=9781946143457