This post is part of a virtual book tour organized by Goddess Fish Promotions. Andrea will be awarding a $20 amazon gift card to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour. Click on the tour banner to see the other stops on the tour.
1. I’m the oldest of eight children. What that means basically is that I grew up as the military leader of a bunch of unruly children, and am very well practiced at bossing others around and fixing up terrible messes
2. From the ages of 15-21 I played a musical instrument (yep the trumpet of all things, you can imagine the jokes). Little did my father know when he enrolled me in the Coburg City Brass Band that it consisted of 99% young hormonal and in some cases handsome young men
3. I’m very tall as are my sisters (6 feet two or 188cm). We have been called the amazon sisters so many times now we barely bat an eyelid when it is mentioned. It does have benefits though in that it is very easy to find us if lost in a crowd, plus the extra weight when it stacks on is evenly distributed throughout a very tall body.
4. My party trick is typing at nearly 150 words per minute. As it is touch typing, I can type this fast without looking at the keyboard. Some people have been know to check the screen to see if I am typing gibberish or not, and, if I have my fingers in the right place (the home keys) it usually does make some sense.
5. Like most authors, if I won lotto, I’d still write, although if this happened I could write more than 1000 words per day, and could employ a housekeeper hooray! Although some claim that housework is very good for an author, I would have to say those people should stay away from the narcotics :-)
Connor will do anything to protect Gypsy, and he listens to her claims of psychic power willingly, as he's concealing certain powers of his own. Nor are they all he's concealing. Gypsy senses a part of her new ally's mind is closed to her—what she cannot know is that Connor suspects the kidnapper is someone close to him, and the kidnapping victim holds secrets that will tear through Connor's department, putting careers and lives at risk. Including Gypsy, still in hospital and vulnerable as the attacker turns his sights on her once again.
Can she use her powers to track down the perpetrator and prevent her own murder?
Enjoy an excerpt:
As Connor switched off the alarm, he knew it would be a rough one. The rumor mill was already in overdrive, and his phone had notified him with a ping.
A young woman, a police headquarters employee had gone missing last night.
The kicker was the confidential reports she’d swiped on the way out of the building. Reports about suspect bent cops, written by internal affairs and for the eyes of that department only. Seems this lady was curious and not all she appeared to be.
He’d been exhausted last night and needed a full night’s sleep. It was still dark outside as he slid out of bed and slipped on his running gear. His morning run helped him keep his thoughts straight and make a reasonable start to the day. He grabbed the bottle from the shelf beside the door, and it swung wide has he headed outside. If he didn’t run he’d go insane or at least more insane than he felt already, dealing with the unrelenting pressure of being senior detective. As he headed down the steps he heard the satisfying clunk of the door closing.
Cold air stung his skin, and his breath formed plumes of mist that streamed past his eyes. Lengthening his stride, Connor pulled the iPod from his pocket to clip it his waistband. Some cops turned to drink, some to drugs, and others went off the rails. After the failure of his marriage, he had turned to running, three miles a day.
About the Author:
She's written for celebrity stylists, assisted business coaches and start-ups, written grants for not for profits, delivered marketing presentations to business owners, and attends Australian writing conventions.
Her self-published book "Pro Resumes Made Easy" has been downloaded over 40,000 times.
Andrea has one husband (more than enough), three kids, a pet rock (her daughter's, not hers), and a house in the suburbs, where she's hard at work on the second novel in the Gypsy series.
Email her at email@example.com.
Gypsy Hunted, her first fiction novel (her first suspense thriller set in her home town of Melbourne Australia), is available on Amazon.
a Rafflecopter giveaway