I have to hang my head in shame to admit there are a LOT of books on my shelf I've not yet read...not because I don't want to, but... so many books, so little time. So, instead of "top" ten...here are ten books randomly chosen:
1. Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I didn't even remember having this book ON my shelf, but I can't have had it THAT long, since it just came out last year. I've pulled it down now, though. It looks GOOD!! I think I got it at a librarian's conference last year where I had the honor to meet Sherrilyn and have lunch with her (she's a doll, btw).
2. Memory of a Murder by Earl Staggs. This one I HAVE had a long time--Earl and I were both members of a writing loop a long time ago. :::waves to Earl:::
3. Irish Born by Nora Roberts. This was a gift, not because of the author, but because I'm a lover of all things Irish. One day, I'll get around to reading this one as well.
4. Cast in Chaos by Michelle Sagara. I have no idea where I got this one, but I love fantasy, so I'm sure I've picked it up somewhere :-)
5. Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. I got this book, intending to read the series before watching it on television... I've not had the time to read OR watch the show!!
6. Lost and Found by Carolyn Parkhurst. I LOVED the cover of this book. The back cover blurb caught my attention as well.
7. On Off by Colleen McCullough. I loved The Thorn Birds, so when I had the chance to grab another book by the same author, I couldn't turn it down.
8. Pawing Through the Past by Rita Mae Brown. I've heard a lot of good things about this series...but there are too many series!! *sigh*
9. This Body of Death by Elizabeth George. I LOVE Inspector Lynley...another book that is NOT going back on my shelf, but being added to the ever-growing pile next to my bed.
10. Hades' Daughter by Sara Douglass. Another first book of a series I have waiting for me. Sigh....
I need to do nothing but read for the rest of the year... do you suppose my boss will mind??
Do you have any other books I can add to my list?