This post is part of a virtual book tour organized by Goddess Fish Promotions. Elle will be awarding a $50 Amazon Gift Certificate to a randomly drawn commenter during the tour. Click on the tour banner to see the other stops on the tour--the Rafflecopter is at the bottom of the post.
A special welcome to guest blogger, Elle Hill.
First of all, thanks so much for featuring me on your blog. I was tickled when I saw your blog name references one of my all-time favorite songs. Go, Weather Girls!
Okay, here are five things you might not guess about me.
1. I really dig disco. Okay, maybe you would guess that about me, given my comment about the Weather Girls and all. I blame being born during the 70s. I’m pretty sure I emerged from the womb shaking my groove thang (yeah, yeah).
2. The very first story I remember writing involved time travel, dinosaurs, and saber-tooth tiger clothing. Anachronistic? Sure. However, I think folks will forgive me, since I was eight years old. Oh and yeah, it was a romance with a happy ending.
3. I’m writing this blog post ten minutes before I’m supposed to teach a Race and Ethnicity class. I’m a sociologist by day – er, by day and night. I’m a writer by late night. Mornings just don’t happen in my world.
4. My latest and not-yet published novel, The Tithe, was inspired by “E.T.,” a Katy Perry song.
5. I’m a sci-fi geek with very strong opinions about the best Star Trek captain. As I often say, if it’s not sci-fi or fantasy, why bother?
Born in Idaho during the height of disco, Elle Hill now chicken-pecks at the keyboard while rocking out to Donna Summer and KC and the Sunshine Band. She worked in Idaho for several years as a secretary and journalist before moving to California and selling her soul to academia. After receiving her PhD in Sociology, Elle Hill became a not-so-mild-mannered college instructor by night and a community activist during the remainder of her waking hours. Always a journalist and writer at heart, one of her favorite pastimes includes publishing commentary on the political and social states of the world; some of her thoughts are posted on her blog at ellehillauthor.blogspot.com.
Elle welcomes visitors to her website at www.ElleHill.com. She also urges everyone to become a superhero and adopt their next non-human companion from a local animal shelter.
Reed Jayvyn is an ex-Army vet, penniless and living in his truck. After saving a young man from attackers, he finds himself embroiled in a superhuman drama between the Broschi and the Clan, two groups engaged in a centuries-long war. Worse, he finds he is one of them—a Broschi, a psychic vampire that feeds off the pain of humans. But Reed’s greatest surprise comes each night, when he finds himself dreaming of a fierce, nameless woman.
She is dreaming. So says the handsome man who uses his heretofore latent psychic ability to flicker in and out of her dreamscape. With Reed’s help, she slowly learns more about who she is, why she is here, what trauma in her past keeps her locked inside her mind. Meanwhile, Reed explores his own heritage, discovering enemies and allies in unexpected places.
But most important to Reed is freeing this woman caught in an endless loop of nightmares, someone he considers in every way to be the woman of his dreams.
Buy the book at Amazon.
a Rafflecopter giveaway