This post is part of a virtual book tour organized by Goddess Fish Promotions. Peggy Jaeger will be awarding a $20 Amazon or Barnes and Noble GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour. Click on the tour banner to see the other stops on the tour.
1. I love to sing when I’m cleaning the house. Rip-roaring, shatter your eardrums singing. I jack my I-pod up to level 11 (any Spinal Tap fans out there?) and as I go around the house, vacuuming, dusting, and rearranging, I belt my heart out. Of course I only clean (and sing) when no one is home because, really, it’s not nice to torture people.
2. I am on old black and white movie savant. 1939 was the best year – in my humble opinion – for the movie industry. Gone with the Wind, The Wizard of Oz, Of Mice and Men, Dark Victory, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, The Women….and on and on. I can quote entire scenes of dialogue from most of them and I never lose in Trivial Pursuit when a question about this year in film comes up. Never.
3. My very first childhood celebrity crush was Roddy McDowell. I know…but I was a sucker for those Lassie movies!
4. I went on my very first “date” when I was 22 years old and had just graduated from college. Late bloomer, anyone? Is it a wonder at all that I love to read and write Romance novels??
5. I’m terrified of dogs I don’t personally know because I was viciously bitten by a German Shepard when I was 2 years old. I still have the scars on my leg from the encounter.
Pat Cleary, despite his reputation, is actually looking for "The One." When he does give his heart away, he wants it to be for life. With his parent’s marriage as his guidebook, he wants a woman who will be his equal and soul mate in every way.
Can Pat convince everyone – including Clarissa – she’s the only woman for him?
Enjoy an excerpt:
Have you ever been friends with a girl before?” she finally asked.
“Have a beer and shoot some pool friends? Or the kind with benefits?”
She laughed out loud, shook her head and grinned. “Have you ever been friends with a girl without having sex mixed into the equation?”
“Not since I was sixteen,” he admitted and then felt his neck heat. “Why?”
About the Author: Peggy Jaeger is a contemporary romance author who writes about strong women, the families who support them, and the men who can't live without them. Her current titles, available now, include SKATER'S WALTZ and THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME, books 1 and 2 in her 6-book The MacQuire Women Series, published by The Wild Rose Press. Tying into her love of families, her children's book, THE KINDNESS TALES, was illustrated by her artist mother-in-law. Peggy holds a master's degree in Nursing Administration and first found publication with several articles she authored on Alzheimer's Disease during her time running an Alzheimer's in-patient care unit during the 1990s.
In 2013, she placed first in two categories in the Dixie Kane Memorial Contest: Single Title Contemporary Romance and Short/Long Contemporary Romance. A lifelong and avid romance reader and writer, she is a member of RWA and her local New Hampshire RWA Chapter.
Buy the book at Amazon.
a Rafflecopter giveaway