Monday, June 25, 2012

Virtual Book Spotlight: City of the Gods: The Descendant by S. J. McMillan


Welcome to author S. J. McMillan, here on tour with Sizzling PR with her urban fantasy, "City of the Gods: The Descendant".

700 A.D. Teotihuacan, Mexico – The High Priest believed himself to be as powerful as the Gods and set a plague on the city as a demonstration of his power. The Gods took pity on the few remaining survivors and granted each immortality and an extraordinary ability. Three of these survivors were given a mission of great importance: train the lone human descendant of their civilization to stop the evil priest from damning the rest of humanity.

2012 A.D. San Diego, California – The time has come to make Katalina Deckard aware of her destiny. Her life has been a constant struggle since the loss of her parents when she was young, but has it prepared her to save the world? Can her friends, who have survived so long ,convince her she has what it takes to accept the mantle of Redeemer?


I am an author signed on with Ruby Lioness Press. I am beyond excited that my urban fantasy novel, City of the Gods: The Descendant, has finally found a home.

I play many roles in life, as we all do. I am a wife to a supportive husband, a mother to three young rascals, and an administrative assistant during the week just to name a few. Now I will finally get to add published author to my list.

I started writing poetry in high school. I enjoy poetry and still write a poem whenever inspiration hits me. I love to read, especially paranormal romances and urban fantasies. The love of reading spawned the urge to try writing a novel of my own.

One of my favorite parts of writing a book is creating the characters. I immerse myself into their lives. I laugh when they laugh and cry when they cry. I cheer them on in their triumphs and encourage them in their struggles.

I have also come to enjoy writing fight scenes. Don’t laugh, but my husband (the wonderful man that he is) will act them out with me so I know exactly how I need to show it to the audience. Call us crazy if you want but it is really fun to act out a scene using a broom handle as a spear and a foam baseball bat as an axe.

I hope you enjoy City of the Gods: The Descendant. I am working on the follow up book now. I love to hear from other authors and readers.

You can find me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/McMillanSJ , on Twitter at www.twitter.com/McMillanSJ , or check out my awesome new website at http://www.mcmillansj.com/ .

2 comments:

  1. I would love to watch you and your husband acting out the fight scenes.LOL
    Kit3247@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I should start recording our duels and post them on Facebook. I bet people would get a laugh out of them ;)

    ReplyDelete

So... inquiring minds want to know: what do you think?