This post is part of a virtual book tour organized by Goddess Fish Promotions. Sofie Darling will be awarding a $25 Amazon or Barnes and Noble GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour. Click on the tour banner to see the other stops on the tour.
1. I’ll be running my 10th marathon in Toronto in October. A good friend, who lives in another state, and I meet in a different city every year to run a marathon together. This year marks our first international race. Although, I don’t think I can claim what I do out there is “racing.” We’ll call it “faster than a walk” and leave it at that. :)
2. I lived in the Philippines from 1997 to 1998. Mr. Darling accepted a year-long expat job there, and off we went. We had the best time exploring Manila, the islands, and the cuisine. I still crave cheddar cheese ice cream. It has to be tried to be believed, but, trust me, it’s absolutely scrumptious.
3. I’ve been inside the factory where iPhones are made. In the mid-aughts, I had the opportunity to travel to China and visit the massive, and infamous, factory where iPhones and other devices are manufactured. The experience was both fascinating and sobering. Our cheap technology can exact a high price from those who make it.
4. I’ve ventured into the very lava tube that inspired Jules Verne’s Journey to the Center of the Earth. In April, Mr. Darling and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary by visiting Iceland. While there, we followed Verne’s 150-year-old footsteps down 35 meters into the Vatnshellir Cave, located in the middle of an old lava field that runs into the sea. It was easy to see how the area got his creative juices flowing.
5. I love rap music. In the same year, I was introduced to both the Beastie Boys and Run DMC. I was 10, and they blew my mind and made me smile. I’m a music omnivore, but I always return to rap. It can be a difficult genre to navigate, especially for women, but at its very best, it’s gorgeous and raw and true, which is the best any artform can deliver. It’s poetry that happens to have a good beat.
Lord Nicholas Asquith needs his wife. Too bad he broke her heart ten years ago.
Can he resist a second chance at the love he lost?
When Mariana catches the eye of the man at the center of an assassination plot, Nick puts aside their painful past and enlists her to obtain information by any means necessary, even if it means seducing the enemy agent.
Even if the thought makes his blood boil.
Only by keeping his distance from Mariana these last ten years was he able to pretend indifference to her. With every moment spent with her, he feels his tightly held control slipping...
Can she trust the spy who broke her heart?
Mariana spent the last decade forgetting Nick. Now she has the chance to best him at his own game, an opportunity she can’t resist, even as her view of him begins to shift. Increasingly, she wants nothing more than to seduce her own husband . . .
It’s only a matter of time before mad passion ignites, a passion never convincingly extinguished. A passion that insists on surrendering to the yearning of the flesh and, quite possibly, of the heart.
London, April 1825
Lord Jakob Radclyffe left his past behind in the Far East. Or so he thinks until a ruthless thief surfaces in London, threatening to ruin his daughter’s reputation. With the clock ticking, Jake needs the scandalous Lady Olivia Montfort’s connections in the art world to protect his daughter’s future.
Olivia, too, has a past she’d like to escape. By purchasing her very own Mayfair townhouse, she’ll be able to start a new life independent from all men. There’s one problem: she needs a powerful man’s name to do so. The Viscount St. Alban is the perfect name.
A bargain is struck.
What Olivia doesn’t anticipate is the temptation of the viscount. The undeniable spark of awareness that races between them subverts her vow to leave love behind. Soon, she has no choice but to rid her system of Jake by surrendering to her craving for a single scorching encounter.
But is once enough? Sometimes once only stokes the flame of desire higher and hotter. And sometimes once is all the heart needs to risk all and follow a mad passion wherever it may lead.
Read an Excerpt from Tempted by a Viscount
An image of tonight’s hostess came to mind. Of her surface . . . Her eyes fluttering shut, lashes dark against her pale skin, parted lips reaching up, up, up . . . And her depths . . . The quality that made him want to forget his place, his purpose, himself, and dip his head and claim those lips until they were satisfied, sated. As if a mere kiss could accomplish satisfaction and satiety between them.
A soft swish of skirts whispered behind him, and a voice sounded in his ear. “Does it disappoint? Disappointment can leave one feeling decidedly unfulfilled.”
Jake looked right, and the room fell away. There she stood, throwing that word at him again. Disappointment. The idea that he’d disappointed her had gnawed at him since yesterday. And now she was throwing another word into the mix. Unfulfilled.
While he had no desire to leave this woman disappointed, he certainly didn’t want to leave her unfulfilled. In fact, under a different set of circumstances for their acquaintance, he wouldn’t walk away from this woman until she was thoroughly . . . exhaustively . . . fulfilled, satisfied, sated . . .
About the Author:
When she’s not writing heroes who make her swoon, she runs a marathon in a different state every year, visits crumbling medieval castles whenever she gets a chance, and enjoys a slightly codependent relationship with her beagle, Bosco.
BUY LINKS: Three Lessons in Seduction: https://www.amazon.com/Three-Lessons-Seduction-Sofie-Darling-ebook/dp/B074WGWGMK/
Tempted by he Viscount: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CHP5ZSD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_taft_p1_i0 a Rafflecopter giveaway